Electronic waste, or e-waste, is a term for electronic products that have become unwanted, non-working or obsolete, and have essentially reached the end of their useful life.
As per E-waste Rule 2016, the E waste defined as ‘electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part discarded as waste by the consumer or bulk consumer as well as rejects from manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes.
E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being land filled.
E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
Brief on general scheme of collection:
1. As a part of agreement, M/s Aseries Envirotek India Pvt. Ltd. will collect all our E-waste generated from PAN India and dismantle the same at their plant at Plot No. B-10, Industrial Area, Salon, Raebareli (UP) – 229127.
2. M/s Aseries Envirotek India Pvt. Ltd., our e-waste management partner is having all authorization related e-waste dismantling from UPPCB and having all connects related to Air/Water/Hazardous waste. They have capacity of 36000 MT per annum.
3. Keeping in view our sales volume and generation of e-waste as per our future e-waste targets and our expansion plan we have decided to follow these mechanisms in our organization for collection of e-waste.
4. As per our agreement with M/s Aseries Envirotek India Pvt. Ltd. if any customer wants to handover their old product they can call our e-waste dismantling partner’s Toll Free No 1800 120 2626 00 (on behalf of M/s AD Impex). The representative will explain them about process of disposal and make them aware about nearest drop point available to drop the e-waste also give information about incentive we will offer to them against their end of life product. If any customer wants to handover the material from their door steps we do send either our logistics team or Aseries Envirotek India Pvt. Ltd. team to collect the items and channelize the same to our e-waste partner plant for final processing.
5. M/s Aseries Envirotek India Pvt. Ltd. has signed an agreement with Gati – Kintetsu Express Pvt. Ltd. for reverse logistics.
Benefit of recycling of E-waste:
1. E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being landfilled.
2. E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
3. Protects your surroundings- Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury.
4. Conserves natural resources– Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
5. Helps others – Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it.
6. Saves landfill space – E-waste is a growing waste stream. By recycling these items, landfill space is conserved.
Recycling of E-waste:
M/s Aseries Envirotek India Pvt. Ltd. will collect E-waste and dismantle the same at their Plot No. B-10, Industrial Area, Salon, Raebareli (UP) – 229127.
Do’s & Dont’s
1. Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
2. Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers repair and handle your electronic products.
3. Always call our E-waste Authorized Collection Centres/points to Dispose products that have reached end-of life.
4. Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Centres/Points.
5. Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
1. Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own
2. Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do not Dispose” sign.
3. Do not give e-waste to informal (Kabbadi) and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
4. Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.